The Edge Grant Fund opens for a second funding round on Thursday, 22 March. The fund has a total of one million pounds to award. Applications are welcomed in support of projects that build on proven models of success or which test new approaches within education and learning. Projects must support Edge’s plan for education and must support innovation or development within technical and professional learning.
All projects are required to address areas of skills shortages to the UK and address in detail at least one of the following Funding Themes:
- Improve the design and delivery of engaging and relevant Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
- Support the development of Project Based Learning (PBL) and associated profound employer engagement
- Support the development of a 14-19 curriculum which integrates both academic and technical/professional subjects
- Support the development of innovative approaches to higher education at levels 4, 5, and 6
- Ways to measure the performance of technical education.
More information can be found in the Prospectus which can be downloaded HERE, and the Application Advice which can be downloaded HERE. We have also produced, with our colleagues at NfER, a guide on How to deliver an effective grant-funded project on technical and professional education which can be downloaded HERE.
Please note that the application form cannot be saved partly completed so please make sure you allow yourself sufficient time to complete the whole document and have all the necessary evidence to hand. You can look at a screenshot of the form HERE, however, you must complete the actual form found at the link below. To complete the form you will need to give details about your organisation, explain what the project is and what it will achieve, how it meets the funding themes, why the project is needed, what geographical areas the project affects, who the project will benefit and how it will be sustainable going forward. You will also need to complete a project budget.
To apply to the Edge Grant Fund, click HERE.