Edge is the independent education charity dedicated to shaping the future of education to meet the demands of the 21st century global economy and ensure opportunity for all.
Technical and creative skills are critical to our modern digital economy. Edge believes that high quality technical and professional learning should be a key part of a coherent, unified and holistic education system to support social mobility and enable all young people to fulfil their potential.
Our plan for education
- Create a broad, balanced and relevant 14-19 curriculum
- Make school work relevant to the workplace; get employers involved
- Give teachers more support and freedom; encourage collaboration between institutions to share best practice and resource
- More high quality apprenticeships for young people to help them earn and learn
- Ensuring a flexible, dynamic and value for money higher education system that helps prepare young people for the real world