Edge is the independent education charity dedicated to shaping the UK education system to meet the changing demands of the twenty-first century labour market.
Technical and creative skills are critical to our digital economy. Edge believes they should be a key part of a coherent, unified and holistic education system to support social mobility and enable all young people to fulfill their potential.
Our plan for education
- Create a broad, balanced and relevant 14-19 curriculum
- Make school work relevant by putting it into context
- Remove the cliff edge at 16, focusing on stage rather than age
- Focus apprenticeships on young people joining the labour market
- Integrate employer engagement throughout
- Give teachers more support and greater freedom
- Support more collaboration between institutions
- Develop an accountability system focused on outcomes