The Edge Grant Fund 2018 has now closed. Thank you to all those who applied - you will hear from us in mid to late June. The next funding round will open in 2020.
The Edge Grant Fund opened for a second funding round on Thursday, 22 March. The fund had a total of one million pounds to award. Applications were welcomed in support of projects that build on proven models of success or which test new approaches within education and learning. Projects had to support Edge’s plan for education and support innovation or development within technical and professional learning.
All projects were required to address areas of skills shortages to the UK and address in detail at least one of the following Funding Themes:
- Improve the design and delivery of engaging and relevant Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
- Support the development of Project Based Learning (PBL) and associated profound employer engagement
- Support the development of a 14-19 curriculum which integrates both academic and technical/professional subjects
- Support the development of innovative approaches to higher education at levels 4, 5, and 6
- Ways to measure the performance of technical education.
We have produced, with our colleagues at NfER, a guide on How to deliver an effective grant-funded project on technical and professional education which can be downloaded HERE.