Working Options in Education is a careers education programme for 16-19 year olds in England and Wales. Working in partnership with sixth forms and employers, our aim is to engage, inspire and motivate sixth form students to realise their full potential and to consider diverse career opportunities in the food, drink and retail industry. Launched in 2012, we now work with over 100 state institutions and have engaged more than 6500 students.
- We run fun and participative at state sixth forms led by volunteer speakers from the food, drink and retail industry
- We’ve developed an which offers practical ‘how to’ career tips and insights into the industry.
For young people we provide:
- career insights from those that work in the food, drink and retail industry
- help to gain knowledge about what employers are looking for and the skills they need to demonstrate their employability
- practical tips and information that encourages them to aim high, grow in confidence and self-belief and increase their chances of social mobility.
For employers we offer:
- volunteering for employees at all levels and disciplines in the food, drink and retail industry and a CSR opportunity for employers
- engagement with local educational institutions and access to a local talent pool
- potential to develop University scholarships.
Lauren Monk, National Development Manager for Working Options says:
“We have ambitious plans to extend our programmes in the near future by adding online information on important life skills to help young people lead happier, healthier lives. We’re also introducing hands-on workshops for students on a range of employability topics.”
To find out more about Working Options in Education or to volunteer as a speaker visit