Why does Edge use accessibility software?
- One in five (20%) people in the UK have a disability
- One in ten people in the UK don’t speak English as their first language
- 15% of the UK population have learning difficulties
- 2 million people in the UK have a visual impairment
How could the the toolbar help me access this website?
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the 'Accessibility' button.
This 'Accessibility' button now appears in the top right corner on every page of our website.
After you click on the 'Accessibility' button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.